Safeguarding & Child Protection
We in the Parish of St Mary’s Star of the Sea Church Annagry, value and encourage the participation of children and young people in all parish activities that enhance their spiritual, physical, emotional and social development.
We recognise the dignity and rights of all children and are committed to ensuring their protection and support.
In keeping with this we will work to do all in our power to create safe environments for children and young people in order to secure their protection and enable their full participation in the life of the Church.
Core Procedures for working with Children and Young People.
Our Parish undertakes to have the following in place:
- Adequate record keeping processes.
- Detailed Participation forms including
- Signed Parental consent for each young person
- Contact information for parents/guardians
- Medical information and treatment permission as appropriate for all young people
- Incident/Accident report forms
- Choir/Altar server attendance records
- Training records for Child Protection sessions
- Garda vetting forms for all adults working with young/minors
Role of the Child Protection Team
- A designated Child Protection Team is assigned to deal with any “Child Protection” concerns and/or complaints raised by young people, adult volunteers or parents/guardians
Annagry Parish Child Protection Safeguarding Representatives
Dr Anthony Delap Tel: 074-9532445
Brid Rodgers Tel: 087-6218327
Mary Logue Tel:087-4164426
If a complaint is made about the behaviour of a member of church personnel and when a concern arises the Parish Safeguarding Representative must pass the information on immediately to the Diocesan Designated Persons.
Click here for Raphoe Diocesan Contact Details and policies.